Sunday, August 17, 2008

Team Vampire


So I have a VERY good reason I haven't been posting - actually I have 4 very good reasons: Twilight * New Mood * Eclipse * Breaking Dawn --- I absolutely LOVED these books and devoured them one right after the other. I am very happy to report that there seems to be a lot of online therapy to treat my addiction as it appears that I haven't been the only one "bitten" -- it's truly a pandemic! In all "seriousness" though, if you haven't read Twilight by Stephenie Meyers yet it's a good book and if you pass the "twilitmus" test you'll very quickly stumble onto books 2-4. For some of you who understand the scrapbook obsession, let me just put it this way, it was almost a CHORE to go to a crop last weekend because I had to put the book down!

These books have been on the best seller lists for weeks and weeks and I finally thought I'd just give it a whirl and see what all the fuss was about. I've already informed Matt that he may need to step aside and make room for Edward because much like Bella, I don't know that I could live without him :) I do have to give him credit - he does seem vaguely interested in reading the books. And to try and make myself not sound so crazy, there is actually a "Twilight Moms" website I stumbled across.

I Googled to see what else Meyers has written when pages upon pages popped up with website after website of info. AND outtakes and extra chapters, etc. Which was really just so fun to read through. I learned two things I was oblivious of: she's writing Twilight from Edward's perspective now and it will be published, titled "Midnight Sun" AND that Twilight has been made into a movie that was to be release 12-12-08. Because Harry Potter got bumped to next summer it's now being release 11-21-08. Very excited! I think Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart will make a good Edward and Bella.

BUT, I suppose I have to admit that these 4 jewels aren't the only reason -- we had a week of vacation in there, which was great! And then of course life in general.

So the latest and greatest with us is all about getting ready for Alex's 3rd birthday - which I suppose to anyone other to me, may not make sense. First a theme and then a place and then what to do about invitations, etc. Well, reasoning this out with a two year old wasn't going anywhere :) So theme and place are picked and invitations are in the works.

We had also said that we'd re-do the nursery for his 3rd birthday and transition into a big boy room. So, we've been looking at bedding and trying to decide what we like. I think that as of tonight (read: Mommy finally put her books down) we've picked our gear and just need to get it ordered.

A final thought? Go get Twilight!

1 comment:

Bosco's Mom said...

I am totally with you on Twilight... They are hard to put down. I am waiting for #3 to come in at the library... they make for good reading while I'm pumping or nursing. I still like Harry Potter better, but there's no sexual tension in HP. :)