Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Planes, Trains and Trucks

Alex and I got a chance to make the final selection for the "big boy" room makeover. We're going with Olive Kids Planes, Trains and Trucks. And yes, he really did help make that decision -- he sat with me for almost two hours while we poured over Pottery Barn and Land of Nod and tried to decide what was cute, too babyish, and what would work to prevent another re-do before he's 7 or 8. He didn't stick around long enough to finally choose what would constitute his first "big boy" bed, but then again it didn't have anything that went "vroom, vroom" on it. Oh well, one out of two. The bedding shipped today so when it gets here it will be off to the paint store.

This weekend is set aside to work on the invites, so hopefully I'll get the majority of that wrapped up. I am thinking I don't need them out until the first part of September so I have a couple weeks to play with.

And I suppose the bedroom redo is seeping into other areas. We're thinking its about time to get the kitchen floor updated, so we got the ball rolling on that. The contractor is supposed to come and measure tomorrow and we've picked out the material. We'll see where that leads us to.

Otherwise we've been enjoying the nice weather and hanging out around at home. Matt thinks he'll take Alex golfing this weekend so he came home with Alex's first golf club tonight. It's a miniature little club, just like the real deal. He grabbed a pack of practice balls (like wiffle balls) and they hung outside practicing their swing. I've been dealing with some unpleasant neck pain today (I guess I slept wrong??) so I opted to lay on a bag of ice while the boys practiced putting.

As soon as we can convince Alex it's time to close his eyes I think we're off to bed too!

No comments: